September 27, 2008

New Beginnings

September has been quite a busy month for me. For starters, I recently joined the 53x11 Coffee cycling team which I am stoked about. I am really excited to be representing a great company with a great group of guys that share the same passion that I do. Next, I just started my new job as a bike tech. Cycling is my passion. I can now wake up every morning and enjoy going to work. I work for a great shop that has established itself as one the best bike shops in Pennsylvania. My first racing season has just come to a close. Unfortunately I didn't get any wins. I led quite a few races but just didn't have enough gusto to hold on. I learned a lot and look foward to next year to prove to everyone what I am capable of. Lastly I've been preparing for my first charity ride. I am participating in the Hershey's Tour de Pink. This charity ride has over 150+ riders with all of the proceeds going toward breast cancer awareness. It is a great way to honor those that have had or know anyone that has had to deal with this illness. The four day ride will cover over 220 miles as we will be riding from Hershey, PA to New York City. Each rider has to raise over $2,500 in donations. The local newspaper did a feature article. Feel free to check it out: http://ldnews.com/valleylife/ci_10565762 . I feel very honored to be participating in this ride. Also I get to show off my kick-ass 53x11 Coffee cycling kit to all of the other riders who be jealous with envy! :) Ride hard fellas!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Did you enjoy the Hershey's Tour de Pink? How did it go?

Hey, I bet you did enjoy sporting the 53X11 coffee cycling kit... I'm still waiting for women's sizes... Any plans in that area?