March 12, 2009

The Vision Quest

Well, the weather down here in Southern California is already warming up and this last weekend I got to finish my 5th race of the season already... Yikes! Its going to be a long year!

This was my 3rd time racing in The Vision Quest and it is a very unique mountain bike race combining just about every type of terrain. It has over 11,000 feet of climbing, amazing technical single track and because it is a point to point race the "adventure meter" is way up! Here is another report in our local paper about the race winner Manuel Prado.


I was proud to be representing 53x11 in my new kit and I got some arm warmers just in time. We had a few snow patches to cross and frost on the climbs to the highest peak. The race took competitors anywere from about 5 1/2 hours to almost 10 hours to complete and was a true test of endurance.

I have a full race report posted over on my blog if you are interested in the details and maybe I will see ya out there next year?

No comments: