December 11, 2009

The Big Ring

Let's change subjects, get off the Tiger Woods tire fire and talk about The Big Ring. I just brewed up a cup prior to my trainer ride this morning. It is a balmy 6 degrees outside. Probably seems like a beautiful morning to our Montana contingent, but to those of us with soft underbellies, it is hellaciously cold. So the trainer it is. As with any ride worth doing, first, I ground up some freshly delivered Big Ring beans and threw them into the coffee maker. My house began to smell great, replacing the aroma of my 18 year old blind and deaf Italian Greyhound, Sophie, who has a smell, no let me say stench, all her own, but I digress. Needless to say the change in essence was appreciated. Well, back to The Big Ring coffee. It is smooth, might I say too smooth. I may be tempted to drink several pots. That is some fine bean. Any of you who haven't tried it or have just run across this blog, you gotta get some of this.

My Christmas shopping is done. Everyone is getting the Big Ring.

1 comment:

bobtouch said...

Yea I thought about it for awhile before I threw a bontrager hardcase on the fire but I felt I should let my feelings be known on this one. I would forgive the man if He would say "Hey this monogamous stuff isn't for me, I'm a player. I'll do the best for my wife and kids." Then He would have a black and white following, no gray area. Those who swing or don't. Than we'll know its about the money, don't BS us. OK that's the last I have to say on that.
Now back to coffee. We like the Chain Breaker in our house. Mary Jo is the real caffeine connoisseur between us. We tried all 53x11 has on offer and found this one to suite m'lady. I don't know if she tried to strip paint with it yet but that's about the octane required to rid the morning spark knock. (At least that's what I call it ;-)
I'm hoping to learn more about the brew in Tucson at camp. If I don't come back with some coffee tips MJ will probably think I just spent time riding my bike. Going two thousand miles for a bike ride doesn't make sense to her but finding caffeine secrets, well then I get the 'you go boy!'