November 19, 2007

Moving On

I arrived back in Durango late last night after a week long visit with my parents in Montana. I went in part, in search of winter. Fall in Durango has been pleasant to say the least. For more then a month nary a drop of rain has struck Durango, the days have been cloudless, and the temp in the upper 60's. Needless to say I won't find winter in Tucson either. Unfortunately I didn't find it in Missoula either. The days were gray but pleasant and the mountain bike trails were buff and dry. While the riding was great it really just feels wrong to ride your mountain bike in Montana in November.

As it turns out, I missed winter by a few hours. As I was dropped off at the airport yesterday evening a light snow was falling but it was still to warm for it to stick. Shortly after my flight left it started to snow harder and began to stick. This morning there was something like six inches and it continued to snow for most of the morning as well.

Now it looks like I might not see snow all year. I spent today tying up some loose ends here in Durango and packing up all of my stuff. Tomorrow, its off to Tucson, for a winter of riding in the desert. Here's what the pack job looked like. To do it justice I really needed some time lapse photography but this is all I've got.

The beginning:

First the bikes:

Then everything else:

Here's a view from the front:

The speed wagon is going to have its work cut out to get me to Tucson.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shultz, i'm jealous. You guys are going to have great winter in Tucson. I'll be down at some point to hang. Train hard and have fun. E