November 26, 2009

It's about the bike.

The older I get, the more I can appreciate what cycling has done for me. The friendships, great times, good times and a fair balance of adversaries. Cycling teaches us sometimes life isn't always fair or easy. But at the end of the day I feel there isn't better time spent than being in the saddle. Alot of us are still riding as much as we did when we were twice as young, and now enjoy riding twice as much. I'm stronger now than I was at twenty. Isn't it awesome we can have this kind of health for so long. Cycling has brought me to this place, I have clear thoughts, clear objectives, the love and admiration of my wife and the greatest fitness. It is about the bike, if you are reading this you know the secret but sometimes I just want to tell more people. The chubby neighbor, the secretary that's always a little crabby.....get a bike, breathe the air, feel your heart asking to go faster.
Happy Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Slater Fletcher said...

Yes, I am thankful for my bike(s) and the times in the saddle are some of the best moments w/ friends/family.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Saddledancer said...

Beautiful and honest! I totally agree and am so very grateful for what cycling has done to and for me. Every day in the saddle is a day of thanksgiving for me.