September 15, 2010

Age

My girlfriend turned 50 today and is feeling a bit blue. She is a vibrant, fun beautiful woman, full of life and vigor and enthusiasm. I know she will bounce back but she is struggling some.

A friend turned 39 last Friday, and he and I went to dinner and then a movie. He was feeling a bit down, thinking he had reached the end of an era. This despite being a successful businessman, world traveler, a strong and enthusiastic rider, and having many friends. I told him that age is a mental state. So act mental!

Another friend turns 89 next month (her birthday is one day before mine), and she is so active and young at heart. She has lived a full live, is well traveled and has a loving family. I have not seen her in 6 years but we chat a lot by phone. I talked to her last Sunday and she told me I am still quite young and have so much life to live. I agree.

I turn 48 next month and feel just as young as ever. My riding and racing are more passionate than ever as well. I do feel young at heart and I know riding helps keep me young and sane. One is never too young or old to start riding. My saddle is a fountain of youth and I will never leave it.

Remember-it isn't the age of the engine but the fire in the tank that counts. And I have a lot of fire.

Happy Birthday to all:)

Ty

No comments: