September 2, 2007

Exchanging Lifestlyes

I know its been a longtime since I last posted, but I'm back, at least in a limited capacity. My racing season has wound-down and as it has my lifestyle has changed. I moved to Durango in mid-April and since the move I haven't spent more then two weekends in a row in town. Well, this weekend marks the third weekend in a row in D-town.

The bike has seen a lot of miles since the last time I posted. I spent a couple of weeks on the East Coast in the mud and the roots and then finished the mountain bike race season in Aspen, CO. Now I've left the nomadic lifestyle of bike racing and settled into the fall routine of a non-cyclocross racer, i.e. long, fun mtb rides, work, and nights on the town.

Sam, on the other hand, has been hard at it. Mid-season he came down with a sickness and has spent the rest of the season regaining his form. He is flying now, and just in time. This morning he boarded a plane for Fort Williams, Scotland and the Mountain Bike World Championships. It's his last shot as a U-23 rider. If he rides like he was in Aspen and can avoid crashes and mechanicals he has a shot at seeing the podium. After Scotland it onto Slovenia for the World Cup Finals. Then, maybe he'll get a break.

I know this is a lame post. I've violated both of my only rules for blog writing (1. Keep it short and sweet, 2. Let the pictures tell the story). I'll try to be motivated to bring a camera and be a bit better about writing posts (and they will be better then this one).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're right, McDroid. Your last was a bit lame.
Your cousins are getting bigger, and Uncle Tim lost the Labor Day shoot off (Colson won!?).

A thunderstorm knocked out the power Friday night, so we ate by candle light and cooked over char-coal.

Good beer in D-town?

Cheers!

UC