September 30, 2007

Fatigue

I just got back to Durango after spending almost two weeks in the Las Vegas area for Interbike. Interbike is the biggest bike expo in North America. Almost every company involved in cycling displays their new goods for 2008. Interbike consists of two days of bike and equipment demos and three days of an indoor show. At the bike demo, dealers have the opportunity to actually ride all the new bikes and gear. At the indoor show, they have the opportunity to check out the new gear, setup new contacts, and place orders for '08.

I left on Tuesday the 18th and drove to Boulder City, NV, just south of Vegas. I spent Wednesday through Sunday helping Cannondale build over 150 brand new bikes. On Monday and Tuesday I was at the Outdoor Demo and spent the days changing seat heights, spinning pedals on and off, and pumping up shocks and forks on all those new bikes. Its pretty amazing how trashed bikes can get in two days.

Tuesday night, after packing up from the Outdoor Demo, it was off to the Vegas Strip. I spent my time on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday helping lead group rides for Cannondale at the Red Rocks Resort and lending a hand at the Hammer Nutrition/53x11 Coffee booth at the Indoor Show. Building bikes for days on end, dealing with a lot of people, and a lack of sleep have left me pretty haggard. The main thing I looked forward to was sampling the 53x11 Coffee at the show. Its the only thing that kept me going.

Owen and Evan did a great job at the show. The coffee was a huge hit. I had a great time hanging out with them. It was the first time that I have hung out with either of them since I left The Cycling House in mid-April. I haven't laughed until my abs hurt since The Cycling House either. Time to get some more sleep.

No comments: