September 3, 2007

Owen and His Summer Adventures

I'll admit, it's been awhile since my last blog post. The racing season is over and it seems like things haven't slowed up at all. Missoula, MT is where I'm living right now but that will all change in about a week. First I go to Cali for a short surf session with Evan then it's to Tucson, AZ to get ready for the upcoming Cycling House season. It's going to be a busy fall/winter for us.

I feel like I should fill everyone in on what I've been up to, other then coffee. I'll take all you folks on a brief (photo enhanced) tour of my summer so far.

First I went for a high speed bicycle ride.

Then I moved back to MT for the summer and saw the family again. I currently live with my brother. He's the big harry guy in the middle of this picture.


I tried to learn how to ride a skateboard. As you can see, I obviously crashed shortly after this picture was taken.

I Finally met up with Evan in California to work on new ideas for 53x11 Coffee and catch some surf. I probably crashed shortly after this picture was taken too. Evan is good.

I made a quick trip to Las Vegas to play the Top Gun machine inside Treasure Island. I lost. Just so you know, the Top Gun game will only let you fly with Ice Man, Goose and the girl. Maverick was nowhere to be seen.

Later on in the summer I was the best man in some guys wedding. The food was pretty good. This is me on the left complimenting a dude on his choice of clothing...he said the same thing to me.

At the wedding I tried to dance with girls but I think I tried too hard...

I started a Missoula league 53x11 Coffee Kickball team. I don't want to brag or anything but we are undefeated. (I'm 4th from the left)

I lost an arm wrestling match to my next door neighbor. I think we can all see why.


My most recent adventure was purchasing this sweet 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan. This will be the new 53x11 Coffee van and it will also be used to transport people at The Cycling House. I'm not a huge fan of driving cars but with all of the traveling that lay ahead it's a necessity. Nobody thought it was possible to make a minivan look cool. I showed them.

These were a few highlights from my summer. Evan and I are having more fun then ever working on our 53x11 Coffee company. We currently have our sights set on Interbike in Las Vegas which is at the end of the month. We'll let you know how it goes.

Until next time, Owen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

will we found it!! the owen's blog, looks like you have been busy, or having a lot of fun, give up the skate board save a knee or dont try it wearing sandles, we out of coffee sending for new order, Lori, Corey & Rick down in sunny south florida

Anonymous said...

Hi I'm from Edmonton, just purchased a minivan and your link came up on google. It made me laugh, nice pics
Crystal W