February 2, 2009

2009 underway. . .

I am excited to join the 53x11 team this year and cant believe it is already February! Last month I got to participate in two races with my new kit and was pleasantly surprised at how many people came to talk to me about drive behind the coffee and bikes. Great stuff!

Two weeks ago I raced the Rio Bravo Rumble - A 10K trail run followed by a 16 mile mountain bike ride. It was a hard start to the new year with the run first but always a good indication of where the early year fitness is. A full report is over here if you are interested. Maybe I will see you out there next year?

My next race was the 12 Hours of Temecula race that I completed in a two person team. Basically, you follow a ~10 mile course and try to get in as many laps as possible in 12 hours. We were able to finish with 15 laps and it was a lot of fun. Cant wait until the next one!

Hope to see some of you out there at some races this year!

1 comment:

bobtouch said...

Hey Slater, is that grass under your bike!? Can you believe it snowed again! Man if I didn't have a really cool job I would head south. But the good news is our race promoter is bringing back roller races. These are a blast. And they're in a pub instead of a mall. Oh man, routy chicks, loud rednecks. Oh yea, and what do we need after a night of partying and roller racing...Coffee, lots of coffee! Let us know how it goes Slater, I'll post my roller antics till we hit the 'pavel.