February 25, 2009

Forced Sprints!

Whew! I just got back from my first outdoor ride for the year. I've been riding my trainer nearly everyday for the past month, so when I saw that the temperature was supposed to hit 40+ degrees today, I knew that I was taking my bike outside! I went for a quick 10 miler close to home (LOTS OF HILLS!)... However, it seemed like I was pushing 120% on some of the climbs! It wasn't that I was overly hyped on the first ride of the season.. It was the two different dogs (a pitbull and a dalmatian) running after me at full speed!!

In the end, I got a very good workout for the day... Don't let the dalmatian's cuteness fool you!! They are FAST runners!



:) Enjoy the new season everyone!

3 comments:

bobtouch said...

I've seen that mug before! Reminds me of the movie 'American flyers' when Marcus tells his brother they'll be doing some sprint work but first they have to pick up eddy; great classic.
I was having trouble with a land piranna last year, so I bought doggy mace and always kept it with me. It was a cold rainy day but sure enough as I crested the climb here it comes. Ah Ha! I was a ready teddy. Nope! My stupid glove was too big to fit in the stupid @#$@safety nozzle! So alas another sprint for the day. The next day I purposely rode over to his house just to see if this stuff really works. Wow, as soon as he got a wiff of that he stopped like he was at a cliff. And not only that he hasn't bothered me since. Man I could go on forever, like the time I was on a ride with "Mr. dogs don't bite" who said "hey, stop at the top, I think I'm bleeding" I laughed so hard I couldn't catch my breath.

Unknown said...

hahaha thats excellent!

Cyclopathic said...

Dogs, I love em and hate em. I have a dog of my own and have trained her to smile at cyclists, not chase them. Quick story, last spring training in the mountains of Southern California, I was chased by a pack of dogs and damn the lead dog was fast. I made it to the top of the climb some 30 minutes later only to have it dead end...I had to go back through the dog gauntlet. Fortunately I was doing like 50MPH and flew through the dogs faster then they realized what had happened.