April 19, 2010

A Double Dose

My season to date has not gone as originally lanned, and I am not getting to do a TT festival in Oregon next week as I had anticipated, and I had a bad back fr two weeks almost elminating all riding for a bit, BUT
this last weekend was a double dose of positivity (is that a word?)
I enjoy solo rides as well as rides with my small group of friends. Saturday saw me on a 2 hr ride with a good friend. Gorgeous weather, the opportunity to ride an old steel Gazelle (built for an amateur Danish squad), and evenly matched pulls with a mix of chat thrown in made for a ride I so needed (both spiritually and physically as my scheduled races are really coming now). Todd and I just pulled and pulled and felt so strong. Thanks Todd!
Yesterday saw me on my single speed Specialized cross bike. I was only going to do an hour ride, but the weather was almost perfect (reminded me of growing up in Southern California), and my gf was asleep (not feeling well), and my legs felt good, and I had always wanted to do the 40 mile Mercer Island loop on the bike, so I did!
I knew the ride out and around the island would be doable on the single, but the ride home included a very long steady uphill, and I was a bit concerned over my gearing. However, after a very strong ride out and around the island, I attacked the climb and did it. I was out of the saddle for its entirety but I did it. I am so happy knowing I can ride this bike on this route in the future as I most definitely will ride it more.
Just say this weekend was just what I needed-a double dose!!!!!!!
Ty (aka Saddledancer)

No comments: