June 9, 2007

Between a Rock and Two Volcanoes

My legs hurt. It must be something that I ate. Or maybe its because I did some intervals today. Rather then reach for a recovery drink when I got home though, I just checked out my roommate's new hair cut.


That's what we call "Snyder Style". Sweet. My legs feel better already.

Last week I spent over 40 hours in the car getting to and from Hood River, OR for the Mount Hood Cycling Classic. The scenery alone made the drive worth it. On one side we were flanked by Mount Hood,



and on the other, Mount Adams.


It was my first attempt at a major NRC Stage race and I was looking forward to learning from and chatting with Evan and Owen but they were both done after 2 of the 6 days of racing (see Evan's post for the excuses). I stuck with it and came away with a ravaged gooch and hopefully some good fitness.

Sam has been busy in Europe. In the second round of the World Cup he finished 40th, 3rd American. For some of the most epic pictures I have ever seen you should check out Cycling News.

It hasn't been all racing though. Owen has been hard at work on the new Cycling House website. Check it out. He has done a pretty amazing job. And, tis the season for epic mountain bike rides. So, clear the schedule, pump up the fat tires, and get lost. I'm planning on it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Andy rocks my box.