June 7, 2007

Mt hood Cycling Classic



In the far NW region of the country is setting for the hardest stage race in the U.S. The Mt Hood cycling classic. This year was just grueling http://www.mthoodcyclingclassic.com/ All the top climbers were there to throw down and make their mark. I showed up with those intentions, but was quickly sidelined with a case of (my legs hurt and I'm going too slow). Really though I was coming off of alittle bout with a lung infection and some antibiotics. I figured I'm tough as nails and i'll show Nathan O'neil who's boss. It was half way through the first road race when my legs started cramping hard. I pushed through the next 40 miles with cement coarsing my veins. It wasn't good. Here's a pic of Owen riding the prolog. I'm nt really sure what to say.
So from there I helped out the team and was able to watch everyone else suffer. It's kind of nice to kick back and have a beer watching an evening crit. When you watch from the side lines you are always yelling at your friends to make the move and to ride faster. I like the side lines sometimes. Anyway it was a great time hanging out with Owen and Andy again. I'll be going to Cali for some racing and training before the next big race. i'll keep you posted. Evan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You two are so hot. I love a fit cyclist.