June 18, 2007

Killing Braincells

I just got back from a trip to Mormon Country for the Deer Valley NMBS Race last weekend.


The weather was hot and the race was at elevation, which helped explain the number of racers exploding and going backwards throughout the race. Unfortunately, Sam got sick after laying the wood to the Euros and was in no shape to race.


As for me, I suffered like a dog. After about one hour of racing my brain started to get fuzzy, my reactions started to get really slow (which is trouble when you are rallying i
nto a switchback as fast as you possibly can), and my thoughts started to run together. I guess I'm just not getting enough oxygen to the brain. I really don't know how to explain it other then it has to be similar to what climbers go through when they summit Everest. I have no idea how many braincells I killed, but considering how long it took me to write this terrible blog entry, its way too many.


Get this man some oxygen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Killing in the name of, I won't do what you tell me. Ya it's hard to spare what little amount you have to start with. That just brings you down to my level. ERV