September 27, 2009

A DAY TO REMEMBER

The Pacific Northwest has been blessed with incredible Fall weather this week, and today was by far the best. It is hard for me to rate weather a 10, but today qualified-clear sunny skies with little wind and temps in the 50s and 60s.
My season may be over but my riding sure isn't.
I did a very nice 20 mile ride this morning with some good effort thrown in, then jumped on my single speed to ride around town doing errands. I grabbed breakfast at Starbucks and ate at the Salmon Hatchery, located 1/2 mile from my house. The salmon started running a few weeks ago and we have Salmon Days next weekend, a 2 day celebration of the salmon. It is always a humbling experience to go and watch these fish make their way up the Issaquah Creek to the holding pools. They come from the Pacific Ocean via Lake Washington, then Lake Sammamish and up the Issaquah Creek.
Thanks to my girlfriend having to work all day I got in a 3rd ride, a 2 hour 40 mile jaunt arounf Mercer Island with some good effort. Almost a PR for the island. I have not had a triple day in a long time and I just can't get enough. I HAVE to be outside in this weather even though the World Champs were on Universal Sports.
Anyway, a nearly vertical 1/2 moon, incredibly blue sky, running salmon, great views of Mt. Rainier and Baker, the Cascades and Olympics and then all the Paragliders at nearby Tiger Mtn made for one very memorable day.
My legs are tired but my spirit is refreshed.
Hope all is well with my teammates.
Ty (aka Saddledancer)

No comments: