September 1, 2009

MODELING GIG

Last year I competed on a relay team from work for the 2008 Seafair Triathlon in Seattle. The bike course was around 12 miles and almost completely flat. I clocked the 2nd fastest time for all relay riders and about 20th overall. Our team beat another team from work and we took 2nd in the "mixed over 105 years" division. Unfortunately I could not find any official photos of me. Must have been too fast for the photographers:)
Some friends competed in this year's edition, and I was just told today that I appeared on a coupon for Tutta Bella, a local Italian restaurant chain that came in everyone's packet. I am shown running to the start of the cycling course in my 53x11 skinsuit. It is very cool though I have not received any payments or rolyalties for use of my image:) I have contacted the company to see if I can get a proof or one of the coupons. I would like it for my collection.
Anyway, our team has unintentionally received a lot of attention. Pretty cool.
Out for now.
Ty (aka Saddledancer)

No comments: