September 11, 2009

Season Ends In Grand Fizzle Fashion

I had high hopes for the end of my road season, what with the Blackberry Crit in Bremerton last Sunday and the Mt. Baker Hillclimb this Sunday.
WELL-
we were hit with a very bad weather system last week and it POURED. I don't race in the really wet stuff so slept in and enjoyed the cooler temps. I looked at the results and saw that only 8 riders finished (13 started) the Masters race.
A good friend is getting married tomorrow and I would have to get up very early Sunday to make it to the Mt. Baker race as it is about 3 hours away. I have always made a nice weekend out of that event. Plus who knows what libations I will consume manana? I was able to transfer my entry today into the 2010 race.
So overall not the way I wanted to end my season but friends only get married every now and then. And I am still riding, even commuting to work today. A gorgeous early morning 20 mile ride into Seattle-1/2 moon, rising sun, clear skies, cool temps, and awesome views of Mt. Rainier, Seattle and the Olympics. I even saw several swimmers in Lake Washington.
The ride home was very cool too, so to speak. It was quite warm (low 90's). I saw one deer and rode a bit with a very strong rider. I am enjoying my Giant TCX Cross bike more and more, especially after I swapped the FSA compact crank out for a Campy Chorus carbon standard with a climbing cassette.
I am so looking forward to a full and fun 2010 season and wish everyone a great rest of 2009. Keep the rubber side down.
Ty (aka Saddledancer)

No comments: