September 7, 2009

LiveStrong Challenge


Hi all,
I recently went through what some of you have experienced, and the rest dread: the loss of a parent. My father just lost his battle with cancer about two weeks ago, and it's rocking my world. One of my friends told me that it's one of those "life changing events you'll never forget" and I can't disagree. Cancer is such a brutal disease, and we all need to find ways of defeating it. I'm riding in the 2009 LiveStrong Challenge in Austin on Oct. 25th, and will be flying the colors of 53x11 Coffee for the 90 mile benefit ride. Can you help me reach my goal for donations to the cause?
The LIVESTRONG Challenge is the Lance Armstrong Foundation's signature fundraising event inspired by the hope, courage and determination that exist in all of us. We take to the streets on bikes and on our feet, uniting individuals to stand together to fight cancer.

Through the dollars and awareness that we raise, we will inspire and empower individuals, and we will make life better for the more than 12 million Americans living with cancer. We look forward to having you unite with us as a partner in our fight.
Join the Fight. Take the Challenge.

LIVESTRONG,
Mark Linton

No comments: