March 15, 2010

Naked Riding

I went to Sanibel Island on vacation in February, 2007, and came across a t-shirt I just had to have-"Bike Naked, It's Harder Than It Looks."
Today I was not naked but I felt that way. It was my first weekday, post work ride of 2010 (thanks to Daylight Savings). I did a quick 12 miler with some very good effort catching lights and then up a steady climb. It was warm enough that I wore just bib shorts, a jersey, helmet with no hat underneath and regular gloves. My arms and legs were so white and undercovered (no leg or arm warmers). Given all that I really did feel naked. But oh so light! I am so happy to be back in the tan line part of the season! I hope this warming trend continues but the Pacific NW has been known to get slammed some in March. I do hope to commute home tomorrow from Seattle.
All the best to my teammates,
Ty (aka Saddledancer)
BTW-are the gray t-shirts and clear water bottles going to be available again?

No comments: