May 11, 2010

F...U....N

Tonight was the 8th Pacific Raceways Tuesday night race of 2010, but only my 3rd. The first 2 had not gone so well, and my 3 sanctioned roadraces of the year also had not gone too great. My lack of training was clearly evident.
Tonight we raced the flat course, approximately a flat 2 mile course for 50 minutes. The weather was very nice-partly cloudy and cool. There was a good wind, meaning a head wind on the home stretch and a tail wind on the back stretch. We had about 55 riders in the 4/5s and my legs felt so fresh. The first time this year. I just had a fun time and wished the race went much longer. The harder we rode the better I felt. I attacked three different laps, every time at the same place, on the home stretch into the wind at the start/finish. I ended up finishing about 25th out of the 55 or so. I was so strong tonight and just giggled thru the whole thing.
Finally!!!!!!
Ty (aka Saddledancer)

No comments: