August 25, 2010

My Summer Vacation

















As August comes to a close and the new school year commences, I think this is the right time to submit my "What I Did for My Summer Vacation" report.


My girlfriend's parents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary this year, and they had a large party in Lakeside, Montana last Saturday (8/20). Lakeside is on the northwest corner of Flathead Lake, about 480 miles from my home near Seattle. I have not had a real vacation since 2007 so was really looking forward to getting away.


My gf's 3 children, a girlfriend of one of her sons, her daughter's fiance and 19 month old child also went for the celebration, and the house and yard were full of 2 tents, one trailer and lots of fun. I am so glad I took my two frisbees as we got a quick game in before the festivities. We also got one botchee ball game in a few days later. I recommend you don't play after too many drinks:) I did not forget bikes, and took my gf's and my titanium cross bike.



My gf did not get out, but I got a few short fun exploratory rides in, including a fun climb partway up Blacktail Mtn to the ski area. I rode 4 miles on dirt/gravel on road tires, making for a fun descent (see pics).



I also got to drive a convertible for the first time, a Myata owned by the parents. It was fun but I prefer bikes:)



Anyway, a very nice relaxing vacation.



Ty






1 comment:

53x11 Coffee said...

I love Montana. We use to ride around Flathead Lake a few times every summer.