August 2, 2010

INNER AERO




I don't have a timetrial bike. I don't own an aero helmet or clip on bars. I don't own aero shoe covers. I own nothing aero. So what was I doing at the Washington State Timetrial Champs yesterday in Tenino? I was having a ball. I decided to ride the 40k course on my single speed cross. The only aero equipment I had was my mind. "Feel fast to be fast."
The course was well paved, generally flat with some rollers. Most of the road was so smooth thanks to recent paving. Not many riders competed and only 18 in the Masters C. I clocked a 1:06:46 and took last place in my division, but did beat 6 overall. The weather was very mild and a tad windy but overall very nice.
I felt very strong and smooth and the bike got lots of comments.
I know I will do it again. Yes on my single speed with my aero mind.

No comments: