July 28, 2010

3 B's

My dream is to open a lil place called Bikes, Books and Buns. A breakfast/lunch/bike shop/book store. But last night I settled for Bikes, BBQ annd Beer. It was BBQ night at Pacific Raceways so we only raced the flats (points per lap) for 35 mins. Just before the start a rider near me slipped his chain and someone yelled "he did a Schleck!." Unlike a certain rider we all waited for him. It was a very large field and conditions were great-clear and very warm with little wind. I pretty much hung near the back chatting with some friends. I did want to attack and tried a couple of times from the rear, but the speed was constantly high and the field strung out so I decided to save myself:) The hot dog and cupcake were tasty, the company fun, and the free Aloha beer I got later very very refreshing. I love hawaiian Shirt nights at the local brewery.
My gf and I attended the FSA Grand Prix on Sat night at the Marymoor Velodrome, and it was incredible. Clear skies, a gorgeouse view of the top of Mt Rainier that changed colors as the sun set, and a full moon. Oh yeah, the racing was incredible too.

No comments: