July 14, 2010

Sometimes It's Okay to Hang Up the Helmet

I love live music almost as much as bike riding. Last night I willingly gave up racing at Pacific Raceways to enjoy a free outdoor concert at our town's community center with my gf. The band was Knutt Bell and the Blue Collars, one of my favorite local honky tonk/rockabilly bands. It was gorgeous weather, good food (KFC) and 90 mins of rockin music. I did have some sympathy pains though and periodically looked at my watch, thinking what the pack would be doing and visualizing the race. After the concert we went to the local brewery for a free "aloha" beer (wear a Hawaiian shirt on Tuesday nights to get one free beer).
I had commuted home from work before the concert on my single speed, and except for one bad driver I had an incredible ride. I guess that helped ease the pain of not raing some.
However, next Tuesday will find me back at Pacific mixing it up with the 4/5s. After all, I love racing more than live music:)

No comments: