July 21, 2010

Too Much Kit

I have a great garage. It has room for 2 cars side by side, a large storage area in front of my gf's space, lots of room in front of my space for two trainers, a t.v., fan, free weights, radio/cd/tape player and 2 bike stands. There is also an adjoining storage room where I have lots of boxes and bike parts. And one box full of cycling shoes and several dressers full of cycling gear. One drawer is even fully devoted to 53x11 gear. I have several sets of alter ego kits and one red kit. Throw in 2 sleeveless jerseys, a jacket, l/s jersey, wind vest and that makes a stuffed drawer.
Sometimes with so much to chose from I make mistakes, like taking different shoes (all Sidis so they look alike at first glance) and wrong clothing. Last night in my haste to get to the Pacific Raceways for the weekly series I grabbed my sleeveless alter ego jersey by mistake. I did not realize my error til I was getting ready at the track. Fortunately it was a warm night and I was quite comfy.
The course was the clockwise loop that started on the flat and then went down a nice rolling descent with some fuy turns before hitting the steepescape route (one fun climb). There were around 30 of us in the 4/5s and we raced for 1 hour. I was riding my old steel bike from Holland as my other bikes were in the shop. I had no trouble sticking with the pack and even chased down two attacks.
Overall a quite pleasurable night of racing, even in the wrong jersey:)

No comments: