April 8, 2011

I'm Golden

I work for a government entity, and every year we have to requalify for health benefits. There are 3 levels-bronze, silver and gold (the best of course). Everyone starts at bronze. You then have to complete a health assessment, about a 30 question questionnaire, to qualify for silver. There are no wrong or right answers-just completing the questionnaire qualifies one for silver. Everybody has 3 months to complete it, and it takes like 10 minutes to do. Honesty is not a factor:) Then, you have 3 different programs you can participate in to qualify for gold. You must complete the program by mid April. There is an eating program, smoking cessation, and exercise. I ALWAYS go with the exercise program. I had to complete 10 weeks in the span of 3 months to get gold. I qualified for gold 2 weeks ago but was just notified. I work with 8 others who are not athletic in any real sense. One or two go to the gym now and then and one runs every blue moon. But I am the athlete in our work group. I am irked that I have to requalify every year for gold, but at least I know it is a "no brainer." Side note-a buddy is overseas riding the cobbles and watching the Tour of Flanders and Paris Roubaix. I am a bit jealous but grateful he got to go.

No comments: