April 4, 2011

No April Fool's Joke

Last Friday I received the best April Fool's joke of my life, courtesy of my girlfriend. One that made my heart stop for just a second. Then, a few hours later I received an email which I thought at first was another April Fool's. The Carnation TT set for Sunday April 3 was cancelled due to flooding! It turned out to be quite serious. We have had countless and endless days of rain, about 49 for the year and something like 12 straight. The roads for the course were quite flooded. I was so psyched to do it too as I was going to once again race my single speed on the 14 mile course. I must admit I am getting tired of all the wet but it doesn't look like it is ending anytime soon. I just hope my upcoming races are not cancelled due to flooding. Here's hoping! All the best to my teammates! Ty

No comments: