April 27, 2007

Home, Sweet Home?

After closing the Cycling House, I made the drive to Durango, CO. I was in Durango long enough to unload my stuff and leave it in a friend's garage. Then it was back on the road to California where I moved into my new place for the next two weeks. I like to call it, "Andy's Pleasure Palace".


I can give you a tour if you would like, but I warn you, you're going to have to walk fast if you want to keep up, we have a lot of ground to cover. First if you look down and to your right you can see the pot and backpack stove that make up my kitchen. The front passenger seat doubles as both the dining room and the rec room. My shower consists of that red bucket and the bike wash a couple hundred yards away. And finally, that self-inflating air mattress makes up my bedroom, where the magic happens. I know, some people just have it so good. Just try to hold in your jealousy for all of our sakes.

But its not all fun and games out here. I mean I HAVE to spend all day riding trails like these


and soaking in views like these


all day long. Life is tough.

In other news, Evan is going to start racing in the Vuelta de Bisbee today and then will head over to Silver City, NM for the Tour of the Gila on Wednesday. Owen will be joing Evan down at Gila in a few days. While Evan and Owen see how fast they can get their skinny tires to spin, Sam and I will be dodging rocks, trees, and maybe even the occasional gangsta' at National Mountain Bike Series races in Santa Ynez, and L.A. It must be racing season.