August 19, 2009

A Good Week

Even though it is still young (just made it to hump day) it has been a good week so far. Despite not training as much or as hard as I have wanted this year I rode an "almost" pr for a 13+ mile rolling, serpentine course around Mercer Island last Sunday. It is a beautiful course on smooth roads and not too much traffic. It is a favorite for runners and cyclists and most cars are friendly and courteous. There are awesome fews of Mt. Rainier and Lake Washington as well. It was thrown into the middle of a 2 hour training ride, my longest in a while:) Including some traffic stops and 2 short but steep climbs I averaged just over 20 mph. I then rode an "almost" pr for a good local climb the next day, despite only having ridden it a couple of times this year. I am doing a crash course of climbs this week for next Saturday's Washing State Hillclimb Champs on Crystal Mtn. I didn' ride the Monday climb all out, stayed in the saddle the entire time and just spun up it. I was pleasantly surprised.
Then we raced last night at Pacific and rode the flat course for 50 minuteswith points every lap. It made for a fast fun night. I attacked on laps 2 and 3 and then played around for the rest of the race. I felt very strong.
Just a few races left in 2009 (one more Pacific, Crystal Mountain, the Blackberry Crit and then Mt. Baker).
I would like to second Casey's well wishes to Evan and my teammates. It has been a blast being on the squad for a 2nd year. It has grown a great deal, and so has the company. I can't wait to see what lies in store in 2010.
Ty (aka Saddledancer)

No comments: