January 30, 2010

New Year, New Training Plan, Same Goals

New year, new training plan ideas, same goals:


Last Year

Last year was the first year with a bike coach and a very singletrack, all bike training focus, which enabled me to ride more miles in a 6 month period than ever before. Although also caused a mid year severe knee tendonitis issue, which really made me realize how much I missed my daily riding fix.


This Year
The focus this year has been and will continue to be overall fitness, health, and nutrition, including lots of focused weight lifting training, core strength, and plyometrics. And of course time on the bike. So far so good...

I am still using a daily training plan, thanks to Cycling Form and Fitness, to ensure my training stays on track and is measurable. The plan is very detailed and having last year's information has been very interesting to compare against. I have also made an effort to not hibernate and sit on the trainer all winter long. I have been riding or snowshoeing outside every opportunity I can.


Thanks to Evan, 53x11 Coffee, and my family support I am sure this will be a great year of fitness, health, and good times!

No comments: