June 20, 2009

Horribly Hilly 2009 - Yowsa!


Hey all,


Just got home after completing the 100k Horribly Hilly Hundreds near Madison, WI. I'm proud to say I never had to dismount the bike on any of the climbs - only at the rest stops to refill the bottles. This is a crazy hilly climb for us Midwesterners, there aren't a lot of hills around, and these are pretty severe. Not as bad as they get I'm sure, but plenty challenging. If Chicago is awarded the 2016 Olympics, the road races will be held in this area near Mt. Horeb, WI.

I got a lot of comments on the 53x11 kit. We got lucky with a beautiful day in the mid-80's after a few severe thunderstorms had passed through on the days prior - a little hot & muggy, but it's the Midwest, we like our summers humid. My bike performed flawlessly, I think I'm a Campy convert - it's like butter...
Anybody else ever done this torture test?
Mark
Naperville, IL

No comments: