June 14, 2009

If You Can't Laugh Then It's Not Worth It

Cycling keeps me sane. It is the core to my overall "being." It defines me. I am a court clerk, a boyfriend, a cat owner, a son, a brother, a nephew, an uncle, a cousin, a grandson, but first and foremost I am a cyclist. I take my riding seriously, but not that seriously. If I didn't enjoy it and didn't get a kick out of it I wouldn't do it. But I do enjoy it. And I get a kick out of it. Example-last Tuesday out at Pacific we raced for 47 minutes for the 4/5s. I attacked at the end of the first lap and dangled for about a 1/2 mile. On the 2nd lap I almost went again, and played with the front of the group, fake attacking and laughing several times. I then socialized in the back and pulled up front for the rest of the race. I finished 1/2 way back, being pullled by Chris, by the far the most valuable rider of the series as he is ALWAYS pulling the group. He jumped as I passed him in the closing 400 meters, and I caught his wheel and laughed all the way to the line as I felt like I was drafiting behind a Fed Ex truck (which I have done).
So, keep it simple, keep it clean, leep it safe, but most importantly keep it FUN.
Ty (aka Saddledancer)

1 comment:

Jeff@5280Denver said...

I certainly agree with Ty; cycling keeps us sane, it provides a stress relief, and much more. Similar to Mark’s Century ride and Ty’s race there is a strong feeling of satisfaction we get when we complete a ride or race that tests us. My youngest daughter likes her rides with me, my wife accepts my passion, and my Mom wishes I’d ride inside in the Gym where it’s “safe”. Enjoy – keep the smiles big – and the rubber side down!
Jeff